Champions Free Prize Draw Rules
The Champions Free Prize Draw is promoted by Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604), a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969, Isle of Man company number 4694F, with its registered office at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.
- 1. Entry into the draw will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- 2. Maximum 10 entries per month per person. No purchase necessary. There is no obligation to make a donation to be eligible for entry.
- 3. Entry is open to UK residents over 16 years of age.
- 4. Participants must have supplied a full postal address to participate.
- 5. Participants shall not be entitled to receive any prize unless they can substantiate that they comply with 3 above.
- 6. Participants may receive 5 entries into the next monthly draw if by the closing date for the draw:
a) they have made a donation through the Macmillan Champions scheme and have not indicated that they do not wish to be entered; or
b) their postal entry has been received at the following address: Macmillan Champions Prize Draw, PO Box 653, Galgate, Lancaster, LA2 0XB; or
c) they are given free entries by Macmillan under the terms of another promotion
d) the total number of entries received does not exceed 10.
- 7. If a participant stops their Champions donation then the participant must use the postal route to receive entries into subsequent monthly draws.
- 8. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules, illegible, incomplete or altered entries, will be disqualified.
- 9. The following groups are prohibited from entering the Champions Free Prize Draw:
a) Macmillan Cancer Support staff who are Personal Management Licence holders, Subsidiaries Board Directors, Executive Strategic Team members; and Internal Marketing, Compliance, Finance and Legal staff members whose roles include responsibilities for gaming products
b) External Lottery Manager staff whose roles include responsibilities for Macmillan Cancer Support gaming products; and
c) Macmillan Cancer Support Trustees.
- 10. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- 11. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 7 days of the draw date. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure via the Website or by contacting participants directly using the contact details provided to us (such method to be determined by Macmillan in its absolute discretion).
- 12. The promotional material provided forms part of these rules.
- 13. Winners’ names may be used in reasonable publicity for future Champions Free Prize Draws without further reference, payment or other compensation. These will only be used in summary e.g. Mrs S from Lancaster.
- 14. Winners will be selected at random on the last Friday of each month from all valid entries received by the closing date on the preceding Thursday.
- 15. The winning numbers will be drawn using a computer operated random number generator which has been tested and approved to Gambling Commission standards.
- 16. The top prize will be £2,000; the second prize will be £200; there will be five third prizes of £20; and two hundred runner-up prizes of £10.
- 17. There will not be any alternative prizes, no interest is payable and prizes are not transferable.
- 18. This prize draw is run in accordance with the guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association and the Code of Advertising Practice.
- 19. The winning numbers will be published on the Macmillan website and will be available via the Macmillan Champions helpline (telephone 01524 751201, Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.), on the next working day following a Champions draw
- 20. Prizes will be processed as a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support (although no Gift Aid will be claimed) if any prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner. A period of one month after notification to the supplied contact details will be allowed for the winner to claim the prize.
- 21. Macmillan reserves the right to decline to accept an entry, cancel an existing entry and /or award any prize to an alternative winner if Macmillan has grounds to believe that a participant has breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds, and Macmillan shall have no liability to participants for any loss or damage suffered arising from its exercising such rights.
- 22. Macmillan may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) modify, terminate or suspend the Champions Free Prize Draw in whole or in part. Entrants shall be notified in writing of material changes to these terms before they come into effect in accordance with clause 23.
- 23. Macmillan may amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any significant changes shall be notified via the Website or by contacting participants directly using the contact details provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by Macmillan in its absolute discretion).
- 24. Macmillan’s decisions made pursuant to these terms and conditions shall, once made, be final and binding.
- 25. No liability is accepted for:
- a) any loss or damage, including the right to receive a prize, suffered by any participant if they have not complied with these terms and conditions or any relevant participation instructions;
b) the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication or entry, or which is damaged or illegible, from which the participant or winner cannot be identified or which has insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
c) any late bank payments;
d) Macmillan’s failure or inability to contact a participant and/or award any prize due to any errors omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided or a participant’s failure to update these if they change;
e) loss or damage incurred by any participant in connection with their participation in the Champions Free Prize Draw or their use of any prize including but not limited to direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it;
f) any interruptions or errors on or to the Website; technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
g) any failure or delay beyond Macmillan’s reasonable control.
- 26. Macmillan is not liable in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Champions Free Prize Draw for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit Macmillan’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- 27. All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the Champions Free Prize Draw made by or on behalf of Macmillan whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 28. Subject to clause 27, Macmillan’s liability to any participant shall be limited to the amount of any prize which have become due to that participant.
- 29. Macmillan will use participants’ information for the purposes of administering the Champions Free Prize Draw and it will be shared with Macmillan’s agents to the extent necessary for the Champions Free Prize Draw to be administered and prizes to be delivered to winners and for sending participants information regarding its work and other fundraising opportunities. For more information about how Macmillan uses personal data see http://www.macmillan.org.uk/TermsandConditions/PrivacyPolicy.aspx
- 30. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Champions Free Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.