menu button
 

Society Lotteries

Macmillan Cancer Support wholly owns four subsidiary companies, each of which promotes society lotteries to raise funds that help support different areas of Macmillan's work for people affected by cancer.

Each society lottery draw is promoted by one of the subsidiary companies in accordance with the Lottery Draw Calendar and the lottery draws together are referred to as the 'Macmillan Lottery'.

The four subsidiaries are also known as 'Promoters' and are each licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk):

Macmillan Financial Grants Lottery Ltd

Provides funding for Macmillan financial grants to people affected by cancer in the UK.

 

In 2019, £3,444,145 was raised from ticket sales in society lotteries promoted by Macmillan Financial Grants Lottery Ltd, with 3.56% spent on prizes (and the likelihood of winning a prize being, on average, 1 in 203); 37.84% spent on expenses; and 58.61% being used to fund Macmillan financial grants (based on Lottery Submissions made to the Gambling Commission during the 2019 calendar year). This translated to a fantastic £2,018,465.69!

Macmillan Healthcare Lottery Ltd

Provides funding and support for Macmillan professionals including nurses engaged in health or social care and funding specially designed cancer treatment centres in the UK.

 

In 2019, £3,189,778 was raised from ticket sales in society lotteries promoted by Macmillan Healthcare Lottery Ltd, with 3.70% spent on prizes; 34.87% spent on expenses; and 61.43% being used to fund Macmillan healthcare professionals (based on Lottery Submissions made to the Gambling Commission during the 2019 calendar year). This translated to a fantastic £1,959,511.48!

The likelihood of winning a prize in last year's "Christmas Raffle 2019" (the Society Lottery drawn on 17th January 2020), was 1 in 1,833.

Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery Ltd

Provides funding for Macmillan information services including Cancer Information Centres, the Macmillan Support Line in the UK and cancer information development for people affected by cancer.

 

In 2019, £3,526,776 was raised from ticket sales in society lotteries promoted by Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery Ltd, with 3.48% spent on prizes (and the likelihood of winning a prize being, on average, 1 in 207); 43.98% spent on expenses; and 52.55% being used to fund Macmillan cancer information (based on Lottery Submissions made to the Gambling Commission during the 2019 calendar year). This translated to a fantastic £1,853,251.53!

Macmillan Influencing Cancer Care Lottery Ltd

Provides funding for Macmillan to support work to re-design and improve cancer care practice across the UK, including research and campaigning to improve cancer services, influencing cancer policy and raising awareness of the needs of people affected by cancer amongst key stakeholders and policy makers.

 

In 2019, £2,864,693 was raised from ticket sales in society lotteries promoted by Macmillan Influencing Cancer Care Lottery Ltd, with 3.52% spent on prizes (and the likelihood of winning a prize being, on average, 1 in 205); 53.63% spent on expenses; and 42.85% being used to fund Macmillan Influencing Cancer Care services (based on Lottery Submissions made to the Gambling Commission during the 2019 calendar year). This translated to a fantastic £1,227,438.73!