Lottery Rules, Terms and Conditions
Macmillan Cancer Support wholly owns four subsidiary companies each of which promotes a society lottery to raise funds to support different areas of Macmillan's work for people affected by cancer. Each lottery draw is promoted by a subsidiary and the lottery draws together are referred to in these terms and conditions as the 'Macmillan Lottery'.
The four subsidiary companies, also known as 'Promoters', are each licensed by the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) to operate large society lotteries and are as follows:
Macmillan Financial Grants Lottery Ltd, registered company (no.9494065) registered office 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ, Gambling Commission Licence no: 44252, provides funding for Macmillan financial grants to people affected by cancer in the UK. Responsible person: Janine Windust who can be contacted at the company's registered office.
Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery Ltd,registered company (no.9771409), registered office 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ, Gambling Commission Licence no: 44254, provides funding for Macmillan information services including Cancer Information Centres, the Macmillan Support Line in the UK and cancer information development for people affected by cancer. Responsible person: Janine Windust who can be contacted at the company's registered office.
Macmillan Influencing Cancer Care Lottery Ltd, registered company (no.9771351), registered office 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ, Gambling Commission no: 44255, provides funding for Macmillan to support work to re-design and improve cancer care practice across the UK including research and campaigning to improve cancer services, influencing cancer policy and raising awareness of the needs of people affected by cancer amongst key stakeholders and policy makers. Responsible person: Janine Windust who can be contacted at the company's registered office.
Macmillan Healthcare Lottery Ltd, registered company (no.9771479), registered office 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ, Gambling Commission Licence no: 44253, provides funding and support for Macmillan Professionals including Nurses engaged in Health or Social Care and funding specially designed cancer treatment centres in the UK. Responsible person: Janine Windust who can be contacted at the company's registered office.
The schedule of draws which benefit each Society Lottery is shown in the Macmillan Lottery Draws Calendar on the Macmillan website. There is one draw per week and, once a quarter, the weekly draw is replaced by a Superdraw (Raffle) which is open to both regular Macmillan Lottery players and other supporters who do not otherwise subscribe to the Macmillan Lottery. Additional terms apply to Superdraw (Raffle) as set out below.
- 1) Your purchase of Macmillan Lottery entries is from the applicable Promoter. By entering the Macmillan Lottery you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, the Gambling Act 2005 and any relevant regulations made thereunder from time to time. Any Macmillan Lottery participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- 2) All proceeds from the Macmillan Lottery go to the Promoter, which are wholly owned subsidiaries of Macmillan Cancer Support to which they donate all of their profits.
- 3) You represent and agree that:
a) You are 18 years of age or over and acknowledge that the Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks;
b) You are a resident of Great Britain;
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this Macmillan Lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18;
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, telephone number and email address and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise; and
e) You will comply with these terms and conditions and any other participation instructions specified by the Promoter.
You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under this paragraph 3.
- 4) In Northern Ireland, tickets can only be bought from the Promoting Societies directly and cannot be sold on.
- 5) You accept that the Macmillan Lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your Macmillan Lottery entries.
- 6) Macmillan employees and volunteers may enter the Macmillan Lottery, apart from Macmillan trustees, Macmillan's Executive Strategy Team and the directors of the Lottery Subsidiaries, and those Macmillan employees directly involved in the administration or management of the Macmillan Lottery. Where they could have or be perceived to have an unfair advantage, employees of any External Lottery Manager involved in the promotion or facilitation of the Macmillan Lottery, and anyone professionally connected with the Macmillan Lotteries in any way may not enter the Macmillan Lottery.
- 7) The prizes for the Macmillan Lottery are printed on the promotional material provided and are advertised on the Macmillan website. You cannot request an alternative to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque to the winners within 30 days of the draw date. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- 8) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted. Your first draw date will be as notified in writing to you by the Promoter.
- 9) The Promoter reserves the right to
(i) decline to accept an application;
(ii) cancel an existing subscription; and/or
(iii) award any prize to an alternative winner if the Promoter has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds, and the Promoter shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer arising from the Promoter exercising such rights.
- 10) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) modify, terminate or suspend the Macmillan Lottery in whole or in part. Entrants shall be notified in writing of material changes to these terms before they come into effect in accordance with clause 18.
- 11) The Promoter will conduct the Macmillan Lottery draw every week and Superdraw (Raffle) will be held quarterly as set out in the Macmillan Lottery Draws Schedule. The draws will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- 12) The winning numbers will be on the Macmillan website and will be available via the Macmillan Lottery Office helpline (telephone 01524 753277, Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.), from the working day following a weekly lottery draw and within 7 working days from the draw of a Superdraw (Raffle).
- 13) No liability is accepted for:
a. any loss or damage, including the right to receive a prize, suffered by you if you have not complied with these terms and conditions or any relevant participation instructions;
b. the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication or entry, or which is damaged or illegible, from which the entrant or winner cannot be identified or which has insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
c. any late bank payments;
d. the Promoter's failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
e. loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Macmillan Lottery or your use of any prize (including but not limited to direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered in sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it;
f. any interruptions or errors on or to the Website; technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
g. any failure or delay beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
- 14) Each Promoter is not liable in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Macmillan Lotteries for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- 15) All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the Macmillan Lottery made by or on behalf of a Promoter whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 16) Subject to clause 15, each Promoter's liability to any customer shall be limited to the amount of any prize which have become due to you.
- 17) The Promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available via the Macmillan website and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
- 18) The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any significant changes shall be notified via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion).
- 19) The Promoter and Macmillan will use your information to enable you to take part in the Macmillan Lottery. For more information about how the Promoter and Macmillan use personal data see http://www.macmillan.org.uk/TermsandConditions/PrivacyPolicy.aspx.
- 20) The Promoter is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling, including how to self-exclude, is readily available to all. Please refer to our Responsible Gambling Guide which is available via the Website, or request further information by calling the Macmillan Lottery Helpline on 01524 753277.
- 21) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Macmillan Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations. After your final entries into the Macmillan Lottery, any sums under £1 remaining in your account shall be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 22) Winners' cheques will be despatched by post and details of the winners will be made available on the Macmillan website. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the unclaimed prizes will be used to fund Macmillan's vital work (although no Gift Aid will be claimed).
- 23) The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions and no person other than you and the Promoters shall have any rights under it, nor shall it be enforceable under that Act by any other person.
- 24) The Promoter's decisions made pursuant to these terms and conditions shall, once made, be final and binding.
- 25) These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Macmillan Lottery or these Terms and Conditions.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR SUPERDRAW (RAFFLE)
Once a quarter, weekly lottery players will be automatically entered into the Superdraw (Raffle) in accordance with the Macmillan Lottery Draws Schedule. The Superdraw (Raffle) can also be entered by purchasing paper tickets. The following additional terms apply to Superdraw (Raffle) only and, where the below terms for Superdraw (Raffle) conflict with the above terms and conditions, the below terms take priority:
- 26) The prizes on offer for a Superdraw (Raffle) may be items or experiences other than cash. If a prize other than cash is chosen the Promoter will contact the winner within 30 days to organise delivery arrangements. The Promoter reserves the right to require a winner to show identification before delivering a prize. Tickets may not be sold by anyone under 18 years of age.
- 27) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of a prize, if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter's control.
- 28) The winner of a Superdraw (Raffle) prize and a reserve will be drawn at random under independent supervision within two working days from the closing date stated in participation instructions from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the closing date and time. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within 30 working days of the draw, or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw a prize entitlement and award a prize(s) to the reserve drawn at the same time as the original winner(s). Where it takes over 3 days to contact a winner, the time for payment of cheques set out in clause 7 or making contact with the winner in clause 26 above shall be extended by the length of time it takes to make contact, up to the 30 day limit.